Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Randy's Auto Service in Broomfield
Randy's Auto Service Towing Services
Auto Repair Near Superior
If you're looking for a mechanic you can trust, go to Randy's. I've taken numerous cars, 4x4s there over the years from general maintenance to anything I broke they fixed, fast, reliable and trust worthy. I recommend them to everyone who asks.
Jeff Wood, 12/13/2022
Jen, Randy & Joey are amazing. They perform very professional & thorough service every time I need something repaired on all 3 of my cars. They are also very honest & timely in their performance. I highly recommend Randy's Auto Repair to everyone that needs to have something repaired or for every day maintenance on their vehicles.
Greg Rock , 01/06/2023
It is difficult to find an auto repair professional...especially and honest one that can be trusted. Well, I found the best in Randy's Auto Service. The manager, Jen, is the BEST! I trust her knowledge and appreciate her honesty and professionalism. Thanks Jen! My husband and I are grateful for your advanced auto services, hard work, and honesty. I recommend this auto service company and we will always use them.